Academic Affairs Directorate is the central focus for the academic administration of the Institute and is responsible for the management, coordination and delivery of academic-related services within the student life cycle, and the associated data management.
Academic Affairs Directorate
Mrs. Gloria Appoh
Director, Academic Affairs
The student’s experience is very important to us and we aim to provide excellent services to both students and staff. We work in close partnership with our customers (internal and external) to provide quality services in support of the Institute’s mission and vision.
The Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA) vision and purpose are anticipated to be considerably advanced by the Directorate’s operations.
The Directorate deals with the academic affairs of students, oversees arrangements for admissions, registration, examinations, and academic ceremonies, and coordinates academic policies.
There are four main units under the Directorate:
the Director’s Office, Admissions & Students’ Services, Records, Examinations and Ceremonies, and the External Relations Affairs/Academic Board Matters Units
Divisions of the Directorate
Admissions & Students’ Services
- Attestation Letters
- English Proficiency
- Introductory letters
- Letters of Introduction for Travel Visas for Students
- Letters for International Students for immigration matters
- Confirmation/Verification of Students’ Credentials
- General Academic Enquiries Attestation Letters Attestation letters are issued upon request by graduated/continuing students to introduce them to an organization or institution. The letter indicates the status of the student and may also be issued instead of lost certificates. Introductory letters Introductory letters are issued upon request by continuing students to introduce them to High Commissions/Embassies in Ghana, and companies for internship among others. Registration:
Examinations and Ceremonies
- The Unit is responsible for the central coordination, checking and printing of all examination scripts with the timetabling team.
- The unit also works closely with the Schools /Faculty/ Satellite campuses and Centers to administer examinations and train and appoint invigilation assignments.
- The Unit coordinates the academic ceremonies of the Institute namely; matriculation and graduation.
- The Unit also supports the graduation ceremonies of the University Colleges affiliated with the Institute.
Steps in Collecting Certificates
- Pay the approved graduation fee
- Complete the clearance form (which can be picked from the directorate)
- Submit receipt of payment of graduation fee
- Bring along a National ID card
Please Note: CERTIFICATES ARE NOT GIVEN TO THIRD PARTIES.
External Relations Affairs/Academic Board Matters
The Unit is a liaison between the Institute and Affiliate Institutions, and all External and Regulatory Agencies that need administrative support or any information from the Institution through the Directorate. In addition, the Unit services the Academic Board Decisions regarding the directorate.
Get In Touch
Get in touch for all related Services of the Directorate.